This qualification is aimed at developing advanced practitioners who are in a management or leadership position in a Children and Young People’s setting.
It will develop your understanding and practice in the fundamental aspects of childcare management, allowing you to focus on real improvements in your own practice and in your settings. The course will help you to develop and improve staff performance and retention and help ensure that your setting is meeting and aiming to exceed expectations in childcare provision.
There is a strong focus on developing staff development practice in your settings and on developing skills to lead and manage change. There is also the opportunity to lead a project to review and improve your organisation's behavioural support mechanisms.
There are five mandatory units:
• Using and developing systems that promote communication
• Promoting professional development
• Championing equality, diversity and inclusion
• Developing health & safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices
• Working in partnership in your setting.
• Learners then follow the Children and Young People's Management pathway and study the following topics:
• Understanding Children and Young Persons' development
• Leading practice that supports positive outcomes for Children and Young People
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of Children and Young People
• Leading and managing a team
• Developing professional supervision practice in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People's settings
• Leading practice in promoting the wellbeing and resilience of Children and Young People.
They also select four from these optional units:
• Recruitment and selection
• Facilitating coaching and mentoring of practitioners in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People's settings
• Managing induction
• Facilitating change in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People's settings
• Leading positive behavioural support.
Most learners complete this course within 12-18 months.
Prices available on request and our payment plan options are available.Venue: Learn Plus Us
65 Colney Hatch Lane
N10 1LR London
To book a place please CLICK HERE