WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is recommended for those working in a catering environment serving, handling, preparing, and cooking food.
Overview and benefits
Reflecting specific sector needs these food safety qualifications are required to address new National Occupational Standards.The HABC Level 2 Awards in Food safety has been designed to address the food safety and hygiene needs of those involved in simple food handling and preparation, catering, manufacturing and food related sectors
• This class room based course will enable candidates meet specific needs and be able to: Take personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
• Understand the importance of personal hygiene.
• Receive and store food safely
• Carry out assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manor
• Understand Food Standard Agency – Safer food better business for child minders
Introduction to food safety
Food safety and hygiene hazards Refrigeration, chilling and holding of cold food
Cooking, reheating, hot holding
Safe food handling
Premises and equipment
This qualification will allow candidates to understand, Major causes of food poisoning and food borne infections – Major sources of bacterial contamination How food handlers can infect food – How to store food items correctly in order to prevent contamination Safe cleaning – Regulation and legislation
Course Duration and assessment
1 Day, classroom based – 1hour. 30 minute multiple choice exam at the completion the course
Venue: Learn Plus US, 65 Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill, London, N10 1LR
Tel: 0208 444 4304
Cost £42.00 to include certificate course and text book
To book a place please CLICK HERE
Lived in the EU for 3 years