The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years.
The Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification has been designed for individuals who are at the start of the career or who wish to take their first steps into the childcare sector. It is also suitable for those who wish to develop their theoretical understanding of childcare.
0% finance plans now available.
The Level 2 Early Years Practitioner has been designed for individuals who are at the start of the career or who wish to take their first steps into the childcare sector. It is also suitable for those who wish to develop their theoretical understanding of childcare.
This qualification is perfect for those in the role of:
- Assistant childminder
- Early years practitioner
- Nanny and early years worker
- Nursery assistant
- Nursery nurse
- Nursery practitioner
Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement to show competence in both knowledge and skills. We recommend learners complete 250 placement hours whilst undertaking this qualification. Placement opportunity must allow for skills application with babies and young children sufficient to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
Occupation duties include:
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child in line with company policies and procedures.
- Use play to support children to understand and encourage healthy life choices.
- Identify issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person in charge.
- Carryout self-reflection and use continuous professional development opportunities to improve practice.
- Undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the setting.
- Use their knowledge of child development to work with parents and carers to improve children outcomes and wellbeing, including those with disabilities and additional needs.
- Contribute to the planning and organise activities and children’s individual experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Communicate and engage with children to support their learning and development.
- Support the collection of accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning.
- Support the wellbeing of all children including those with additional needs and disabilities.
Aged 16+, employed a minimum of 16 hours per week, currently resident in England, resident in the UK for the last 3 years, has the right to live and work in the UK.
English and Maths Requirement
Learners without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level.
This qualification allows progression on to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other relevant Level 3 qualifications relating to early years and child care.
Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
- nursery practitioner
- classroom assistant
- pre-school practitioner
Course duration: 12 months
Eligibility criteria: Learners must be aged 16+ and have lived in the EU for 3 years.
You will have a dedicated tutor to support you throughout your qualification
Learners must be able to work in a childcare setting
You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
Evidence your competency to employers
Further your personal and professional development and excel in your career
Earn whilst you learn
Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification