This qualification provides the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in adult health and social care provision or in children and young people’s services.
It has six pathways – three for adults and three for children and young people:
• Residential Services
• Advanced Practice
Experience in the workplace
Learners will need to be working in the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting, or have the opportunity to carry out responsibilities associated with these roles to be able to study for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England) (90 credits).
Adult Health and Social Care
- Evidence that staff have completed industry an recognised qualification
- Staff qualified in leadership and management
- Policy development
- Increased knowledge of leadership and management
- Support for leadership and management.
- supporting development and partnership working
- quality systems and improvement
- developing and carrying out policy
- promoting and developing best practice
- managing care services, change programmes and recruitment
On completion learners can progress to a wide range of job roles depending on the pathway taken. The following list is not all-inclusive, but gives a taster of the opportunities available in either adult or children and young people’s settings:
- Manager • deputy manager
- Assistant manager • care broker
- Case manager • senior support worker
- Day care manager • residential care manager.
Lived in the EU for 3 years