Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for managers, heads of department, directors and other senior staff. Develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Results for you
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspireProvide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
Benefits for your employer
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – providing measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development and industry needs and requirements.
The NVQ Management and Leadership Diploma Level 5 higher Apprenticeship consists of two modules: The competence modules and the Technical Certificate modules
Lead the development of a continuous improvement strategy
Manage information system
Manage costumers service information
Developing sales proposals
Prioritising information for sales planning
The competence NVQ consists of 53 credits
There are four mandatory units:
Contribute to the development of a strategic plan
Design business processes
Manage strategic change
Provide leadership and management
The Technical certificate consists of 40 credits.
There is one mandatory unit:
- Principles of Management and Leadership
Examples of optional units:
Principals of management and leadership
Management of change
Developing successful business teams
Management decision making
Managing staff performance
Quality management in an organisation
Managing innovation in an organisation
Principles of strategic management.
Then, work with your employer and training provider to find the best fit from a range of other skills-focused units
Establish business risk management process
Develop and manage collaborative relationships with other organisations
Optimise the use of technology
Encourage learning and development
Manage a budget
Recruitment, selection and induction
Typically delivered over 18 months, but this depends on the individual and can be done within a shorter timescale. This course involves a high level of academic writing and self study.
Learners will be assessed in the workplace and so it is essential that their current role allows them to demonstrate management skills in practice.
Lived in the EU for 3 years